Ensure That Your Double Glazing Is Certified To Australian Standards.
When you invest in a product like double glazing, you should expect high quality in design, manufacture and fitting. You should also expect that your supplier, and their products, are properly Accredited to meet Australian Standards, and more.
Eco Home Solutions takes this very seriously, and wants you to be fully informed. Below are the Accreditations and Certifications we hold, for your protection and peace-of-mind.
The Australian Window Association requires all Members to meet relevant Australian Standards.
Under the Building Code of Australia, window manufacturers are required to produce windows and doors that meet mandatory minimum specifications under Australian Standard AS2047 – including AS1288.
Eco Home Solutions windows are designed and tested to meet the rigorous requirements of AS2047, and more. These include
AS 2047 specifies requirements for materials, construction, installation and glazing for windows, sliding doors, adjustable glass louvres, shopfronts, and window walls with one-piece framing elements. It incorporates the following Tests…
- AS4420.2 Deflection Test – positive and negative wind pressures are applied to the face of the window to test the maximum deflection under wind load.
- AS4420.3 Operating Force Test – to verify that an opening sash is capable of opening and closing without undue effort.
- AS4220.4 Air Infiltration Test – the air leakage of a window is tested to ensure energy and acoustic efficiency.
- AS4420.5 Water Penetration Resistance Test – to verify that no water leaks through the window into the building.
- AS4420.6 Ultimate Strength Test – negative and positive wind pressures are applied to the window to at least 1.5 times the design wind pressure to ensure it does not fail in unusual wind conditions
- See the AS2047 document…
AS1288-2006 specifies procedures for the design, selection and installation of glass in buildings.
It includes guidance for installation practice, based on proven techniques.
See the AS1288 document.
Our windows have been oficially Rated under the Australian Window Energy Rating Scheme.
The BAL Rating System responds to the community’s desire to determine the potential level of bushfire risk their homes are likely to endure. It explains how to assess a property’s BAL under the new residential building Standard, and Certifies products meeting different levels.
All Eco Home Solutions uPVC windows and doors are Tested and Certified to BAL40. Read the Victorian Govrnment BAL Brochure.
The Housing Industry Association is the peak body for individuals and companies involved in the housing and construction industries.
Eco Homes Solutions is proud to be a Member of the HIA, and to uphold it’s Code of Ethics.